Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Seeing the BIG picture

UGH!  Sometimes the BIG picture seems so small & hard to see.  In this case our house & saving for it.  I know what the end result will be, I know what it is I want to achieve, but man, it is hard training yourself to do things differently.

Saving money is not something that I've ever been good at.  I have the best of intentions, I have the thought process of how to do it, but when it comes right down to it, I like to buy things.  Sometimes it's things I need, sometimes things I want, and sometimes just because I "deserve" it.  So I think anyhow.

For example, I really want new clothes.  Not because I necessarily need new work clothes, but I seem to wear the same things all.the.time.  It won't change even if I buy new clothes, I'll just wear those instead of the older ones.  Ugh!! 

Ah yes, arguing with myself.  The wanna-be saver vs. the I-know-I-shouldn't spender.  Which one will prevail?!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment