Thursday, March 17, 2011

Why is it that...

when you ask a question, people will automatically assume that they know what you're asking & then proceed to answer, without answering your question?  Please, take a moment & actually hear what is being asked.

This happened twice today in a meeting, with two different people.  So instead of getting a straight yes/no answer, with minimal explanation, which is what I was after.  No, instead I receive a 5 minute explanation of a question that wasn't even asked.  Seriously?!?! 

I get that the one person has the whole condesending attitude & that he is sooo much more all-knowing than the peons he works with, but come on.  It is very difficult to show respect to superiors, when half the stuff out of their mouth is just a bunch of hoity-toity, I'm better than you crap.  UGH!! 

Thankfully tomorrow is another day & with any luck, I can avoid conversations with this person completely.  Wish me luck!!  :)

P.S.  My FAVORITE scrapbook store is hiring part-time help on the weekends.  Soooo tempting to apply for the job.  I won't because it's coming upon spring/summer & we'll be super-busy, but man is it ever tempting.  Maybe they'll need help this fall/winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment