Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What to do on a day like today? Bake!

So while we're in the middle of blizzard hell 2011, I decided today was a good day to bake.  Homemade bread & Kolaches!  Delicious!!  The first batch just got done & look absolutely yummy.

Today was a perfect baking day, judging by the dough.  It raised beautifully (twice) and was oh so fluffy.  I have a hard time not "killing" the yeast.  Though I think it's the yeast's fault & not mine.  Only thing that would've been better-if I wasn't to lazy to make cinnamon rolls.  But really by the time I was done with the Kolaches, I had no desire to roll out dough.  That & I ran out of butter.  How did that happen??  I LOVE butter!  I will eat a cracker with a stick of butter, just because eating butter by itself may be considered gross.  Ha!

This was after our dryer quit working this morning.  2 hours of drying time & still not dry.  Thankfully hubby was able to rig it to work once he got home.  So at least tomorrow, if I take another snow day, I can be even more productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment