Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow...

I've heard as much as 13 inches is supposed to hit us by Wednesday morning.  Fun times.  Wouldn't be as bad, but that's following however much ice first.  Snow on top of ice=NOT a good driving time.  Thinking it may very well be a snow day on Wednesday.  I'm totally okay with that.  I normally try to make it to work, because really if I can make it to the highway, then I can probably make it into work.  Although with the last 10 inches we received, I decided that I just didn't want to dig myself out at 7 in the morning.  Is that wrong?

My favorite part of snow?  It just makes everything look so pretty & peaceful.  The fact that I can look at my windows at midnight & it looks like dusk is pretty cool too.  My least favorite part, minus the cold weather?  It tracks in the house.  Then when it melts, it becomes all gray & dirty & gross looking. 
So along with the predicted amount of snow, I think the birds are confused.  I've seen the geese heading north, and Robins are out.  Silly ole' birds.  Although I'm thinking this weather is for the birds.  Obviously.  haha

2 comments:

  1. I know we are expecting 7-12 inches where I am and yes that is on top of much ice and more snow. Yuck. I am still waiting for spring!

    ReplyDelete